RTI STATION NEWS

Now there are new times and all the people must learn English

I regret very much that you have to stop your transmission in the English language. I remembered the evening when I listened for the first time Radio Tatras International. I live in Iasi, a town from East of Romania, very far from Kosice. Because I read a lot of things about Tatra Mountains for me it was a pleasure to listen to a radio station from such a beautiful region.
Really I cannot understand why they do not permit you to transmit your programmes in the English language. Slovakia is a member of European Union and the English language we can say is an universal language. Not all the people speak Slovak language. This summer I visited your region, I stayed in Poprad and I also visited Kosice. I liked the region, the people and even the Slovak language. I remember that I spoke English with Slovak people in the streets. Why then do the authorities not permit you to retransmit your programmes in English.
Like Romania, Slovakia was a communist country and I think that a part of communism infiltrated into the new power and they try to stop the new reforms. They do not understand that their era was finished forever. May be the younger generation of Slovakia will have a new future.
I remembered that a Czech friend of me said that during communist period the children had to learn the Russian language in the schools of Czechoslovakia. Now there are new times and all the people must learn English, even the old communist.
Best regards from Romania and I hope to meet you again on the waves.
L.V.Constantin